CHRIS HORTON |
- New York Licensed Landscape Architect #2526
- Master of Landscape Architecture, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Bachelor of Arts, Studio Art, Emphasis Sculpture, Colgate University, Hamilton, NY
- Teaching Experience: The Doane Stuart School, High School Art and Design
- Select Art Exposition Experience:
- Permanent installation of Avian Sculptures in Black Rock Canal Park, Buffalo, NY
- Permanent installation of Introspective at residence in Albany, NY
- Multiple exhibits including Atlas and Introspective with Upstate Artists Guild, Albany, NY
- Professional Interests: creative design, public art, public engagement, sustainable design, stormwater management and technical writing
- Personal Interests: family & friends, sculpture, outdoors, volleyball, reading and media
Chris practiced landscape architecture as a licensed landscape architect in New York before joining the Pacific Coast Land Design team in May. Chris practices landscape architecture with an artistic point of view and a family history in landscape construction, creating artistic and intuitive yet grounded designs. Chris’ experience includes waterfront design, environmental approvals, master planning, high density housing, and detailed site design with an emphasis on institutional and municipal projects.
Chris recently moved back to Southern California to join the Pacific Coast Land Design team and brings his passion for designing sculptural and innovative spaces that create unique experiences. Outside of the office, Chris spends time with his family and peruses his sculptural career.